- I need a better hydration setup for my Lightning. One water bottle cage won't cut it, as switching stuff from my bags is too time consuming while riding to a time limit. Ditto for food.
- I need a place to put the cue sheet. Jersey pocket + recumbent = sweaty, inaccessible mess.
- If I'm going to ride with SIR, I need to ride more hills, and/or get a better climbing bike (or just use the Salsa). I was spent after the 100k, but part of that was underhydration and lack of calories.
- My stomach tolerated my gatorade/bread/luna bar diet quite well.
- The Lightning is flexible, and slightly scary on bumpy downhills.
- Need to accurately calibrate my cycle computer. Mismatch between my mileage and the cue sheet made navigation harder than it needed to be. I was off by about .3 miles a third of the way in, which made finding the turns harder than it had to be.
4 months ago